Dear Tennis Player,
Following the Government’s announcement, we are happy to say that the Academy will be reopened from 10.00 am on 26th May
We will continue to exactly follow any advice from the Government & the LTA. Any changes to the detail below will be posted on our website thamestennis.co.uk , so please check these regularly) and on updated notices on display at the club. Specific LTA guidance for coaches will also be followed.
The rules to be followed after our opening on 26th May are as follows:
- Singles and doubles from different households allowed
- No pets or spectators allowed on the tennis courts
- Only pre-arranged play on a court already booked is allowed (please do not go to the courts without arranging first and all bookings will be limited to 1hour slots, booked on the hour).
- Group coaching is now permitted
- Do not play if you are self isolating
- The clubhouse will continue to be closed with no access to toilets and all chairs and equipment will be removed from the courts.
- Please practice social distancing at all times-2 metre rule
- Consider bringing hand sanitiser to wash your hands before and after each session.
- Use alcohol gel after touching any court gates, fences, avoid doing so where possible
- Do not touch your face when playing
- Only bring 4 tennis balls with you that are marked and if a ball from another court comes your way push it back with your racket, do not pick it up.
- All players play at their own risk as First Aid is not available
- Please leave 5 minutes before your session ends to allow for social distancing
The latest government advice can be found at:https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Enjoy your (Restricted Play) tennis and we hope that this is the first step to resuming full activities back at our Academy.